21st International Society of Radiographers & Radiological Technologists World Congress
Wednesday 18th – Saturday 21st August 2021
Convention Centre Dublin (CCD), Ireland
Wednesday 18th August 2021:
Pre-Congress Workshops (morning)
• Forensic Radiography
Thursday 19th August 2021:
Number of simultaneous sessions on
CT, MR, Ultrasound, Management stream,
Radiography, Radiation Therapy, Nuclear Medicine
Social Evening – Irish night
Friday 20th August 2021:
Conference Sessions Continue
Saturday 21st August 2021:
* subject to possible change
Forensic Radiography (Wednesday 18th August 2021)
- The Pathologist’s perspective on post-mortem CT - Dr. Linda Mulligan, Office of the State Pathologist, Ireland
- The use of PMCT in Disaster Victim Identification -Jeroen Kroll, Forensic Radiology Consultant, MuMC, The Netherlands
- The Radiologist’s perspective on PMCT - Dr. Ferdia Bolster, Consultant Radiologist, Mater hospital, Ireland
- Setting up a European PMCT response to a Mass Disaster - Phillip Webster, Alliance Medical, UK
- IAFR ‘Forensic Radiography Response Team’ - IAFR DVI co-ordinator
- The Anthropologist’s perspective on PMCT - Dr. Rene Gapert, Forensic Anthropologist, Ireland
Justification (Wednesday 18th August 2021)
Justification of Examination & Referral Guidelines:
- Justification of Examination & Referral Guidelines:
- Radiography practitioner status – what does this mean - Dr Amanda Martin (UK)
- Radiographer role - justification – A global perspective - ISRRT Regional Representatives
- The aims & importance of radiology referral guidelines - Prof Mario Maas (NL)
- Assessing referrals - Dr Nick Woznitza (Reporting Radiographer UK), Ms Andrea Craddock (IRE), Dr Amanda Martin (Reporting Radiographer UK)
- Quality management of referrals:
- Guideline Implementation: The evidence base - Dr Joana Santos (PT)
- The importance of clinical history taking & teamwork - Dr Kristin.B. Lysdahl (NO)
- Auditing referrals – incident reporting - Dr Marie Louise Butler (IRE)
Welcome Reception (Wednesday 18th August 2021)
Following the ISRRT 2020 Opening Ceremony, we invite delegates to attend Welcome reception in the Forum of the Convention Centre Dublin.
This is included in your conference registration fee, however we do require that you confirm your attendance when completing your registration online.
Accompany persons per person cost is €100.00 per person including attendance to Opening Ceremony, Welcome Reception and Closing Ceremony. Ticket price is per guest and must be pre purchased during registration.
Irish Social Night (Thursday 19th August 2021): €85.00 per person (inc. VAT)
Limited to 200 tickets
The show takes place in the ideal location, a pub owned and run by musicians who have been performing to audiences in Dublin since 1989.
Midway through the show, All-Ireland and World champion Irish Dancers from Dublin and beyond perform a specially commissioned show.
The very best of fresh Irish food is served from the restaurant which offers a choice menu.
The entertainment commences with Ireland's leading traditional Irish music group The Merry Ploughboys.
The Merry Ploughboys (the owners of the pub) are proud to host the longest running show in Ireland hosted by the same performers over an impressive 29 years.
From start to finish, this is a show based on fantastic interaction between the performers and the audience.
Ticket price includes Irish Night Show, 3 course meal, return coach transfer to/from Convention Centre Dublin.
Drinks will be available to purchase from the bar on the evening. Ticket price is per guest and must be pre purchased during registration.
Coaches will depart from the Convention Centre Dublin at 18:00 and return approximately 23:00
Gala Dinner (Friday 20th August 2021): €93.50 + 23% VAT per person
The Convention Centre Dubin (CCD – Liffey B) is host to the ISRRT 2020 Gala Dinner. Their world class facilities and sumptuous exceptional fare and welcome guests to celebrate a successful conference.
Ticket price is per guest (includes dinner, wine with dinner and entertainment) and must be pre purchased during registration.
The evening will commence at 19:30 with a reception, followed by dinner and conclude with post dinner entertainment.
A cash bar will be available on the evening for guests to purchase drinks.